I don’t know about you, but I really don’t have lots of extra money to invest with right now. A reader brought this to my attention after the article on debt, so today I’m going to talk about how to make some extra money so you can invest, save, pay down debt, whatever.
5 Easy Ways to Make Extra Money
1) Pull together all of your loose change. It may be in your car, your couch cushions or in your tip jar on the counter. You might be surprised to see how much extra cash you have lying around.
2) Sell old or unwanted stuff on eBay. You will make the most for their trending items. Decluttering is good for the soul, and remember, one man’s old Xbox is another man’s… well you get the idea.
3) Offer your services. Let friends and neighbors know that you are available to babysit, mow lawns, or organize their stuff. If you have a really good skill, like building websites, then create some templates and sell them online. Check out the website Fiverr.com for a quick and legit way to make money online.
4) Look for event gigs on Craigslist. The ‘gigs’ section is choc full of last minute one day jobs. Maybe someone needs a hand moving their stuff on Saturday or a caterer is in need of an extra staff member. Just be careful about meeting and do an online check on the business. You might find an organic fashion blog that is in need of writers or promoters. Craigslist is a good place for odd jobs.
5) Be a middleman. In the financial world, most jobs are not based on a tangible service. Bobby stockbroker doesn’t come home and show his wife all the accounts he opened that day. Most jobs are all about bringing together a great service with a willing buyer. So figure out who is in need of your middleman services. You might see a storeowner who could use a fresh coat of paint on their wooden mailbox. Offer to have it done for 20 bucks then hire a friend for 10. As long as it takes less than an hour your friend is happy, the storeowner is happy and you’re 10 bucks richer. This is the most important tip.
Once you start looking for ways to fill a need, you will be surprised at how many ideas fill your head. And great businesses all start with an idea.
Photo Credits: http://www.thegrio.com/specials/thegrio-in-elkhart/broke-aint-no-joke-for-those-in-need-of-health-care-in-elkhart.php